In this topic we are going to cover applications in which steel cut wire shots can bring you many benefits.
Before we begin with going into details about the applications.. Here are facts about our cut wire shots.
- We have all types of cut wire shots, from different wire, ranging from different diameter made to satisfy the needs of all our customers.
- Our cut wire shots have the possibility of re-use with the service life of cca. min 4000 cycles no matter grain size and hardness.
- They have a high level of consistency in terms of shape and hardness which directly influences the increase of quality of the surface treatment of the materials being treated.
- Taking into account large number of possible re-uses, cut wire shots last longer, thus saving on ordering and purchasing another quantity of some other abrasives is obvious.
- The fact that the particles of our cut wire shots do not break, result in the longer lasting of the operational mix used for treatment.
Now, the applications.
Coating removal is referred to cleaning of the surface from old coatings, such as rust protection coatings, paints etc. that can be found on existing parts and structures such as: metal parts, machinery parts, steel structures, bridge structures. Coating removal is also referred to cleaning of weldments from welding cinders, cleaning of moulds used in injection moulding or die cast moulding.
As metal parts are fabricated, they undergo a variety of metalworking processes that can introduce burrs. Untreated metal parts may have jagged edges that can pose a risk to parts quality and safety.. Deburring is the process of removing or rounding cut edges.
Removing rust from rusted surfaces in order to prepare metal parts for subsequent coating application or to perform maintenance operation on metal parts and structures.
SHAPING (PEEN FORMING)
Peen forming is a die-less cold forming process performed at room temperature with procedure of shot peening. The peen forming process is ideal for forming large panel shapes where the bend radii are reasonably large without abrupt changes in contour. Peen forming is best suited for forming curvatures where the radii are within the metal’s elastic range.
Shot peening is a cold working process used to produce a compressive residual stress layer and modify the mechanical properties of metals. It entails impacting a surface with shot (with a force sufficient to create plastic deformation. Peening a surface spreads it plastically, causing changes in the mechanical properties of the surface. The main benefit of shot peening is the delay or prevention of cracks in highly tensile stressed alloy components. We can alter these undesirable manufacturing and operational tensile stresses to life enhancing residual compressive stresses therefore extending component life.
Descaling is the process of removing oxide deposits from a heat treatment, forging operations, rolling operations pressing operations etc. Scales are formed on a metal surface during heat treatment processes. Oxide scales discolor the metal surface and hinder subsequent finishing operations. Descaling is a metal cleaning process that removes unwanted surface deposits on metals to provide a smooth surface finish. Shot blasting as a descaling method is used on hot rolling items, such as hot rolled metal sheets, steel profiles, metal bars etc.
Surface roughening helps to improve adhesion between base metal and subsequently applied coating, e.g. corrosion protection coats, paints, nickel andor chrome coatings etc. Surface roughening improve service life of applied coatings.
If you would like to try out cut wire shots for your business, contact us so we can determine the best type, diameter, shape, etc.
Thank you for reading!
SPAJIC D.O.O. team